You’ve heard of the big name baby clothing brands like Bonds and Cotton On, but what about the hidden gems designed right here in our own backyard? As a parent, you want the best for your little one, and that might very well include finding unique, sustainable and gorgeous clothing options. That’s why I compiled a list of 6 Melbourne-based baby clothing brands that you may not have heard of yet. From sustainable materials to handmade designs, these brands have some beautiful pieces. Get ready to discover some hidden treasures and support local businesses at the same time. So, let’s dive in and see what these Melbourne brands have to offer for your precious bundle of joy.
Looking through these sweet little outfits, I wish I still had babies to buy for!
- Ziggy Lou – Gorgeous knitwear and rompers, many of which can be personalised with baby’s name for a fee. They describe their pieces as timeless keepsakes for you to cherish for years to come and pass down to future children.
2. Wilson + Frenchy – Starting with sizes as small as Premmie, Wilson + Frenchy offer soft organic cotton zipsuits, bodysuits, singlets and leggings. They are known for their subtle colours, hand-drawn illustrations, playful graphics and natural and organic fabrics.
3. Romper & Co – This South Yarra store has a range of linen and muslin rompers and two-piece sets in lovely neutrals and soft colours. They also offer some lovely knits and ribbed two-piece sets in both shorts and bloomer styles.
4. Pebble & Poppet – Coordinated pieces in statement patterns, designed by Australian and international artists. They describe their pieces as ethically made sustainable fashion that brings joy to your soul and adds colour to your world.
5. Freckly Ollie – This Melbourne boutique, with stores in South Melbourne and Watsonia, has two in-house brands – Freckly Ollie, which specialised in beautiful linen pieces and cotton cord fabric for winter, and Freckles by FO for cotton knits and everyday basics.
6. Halcyon Nights – Bodysuits, rompers, leggings and hats in the most vibrant, quirky illustrated patterns. Halcyon Nights invites you to explore the magic of artistry and imagination with their collections that are developed in collaboration with independent artists from around the world.
Here are 6 incredible Melbourne-based baby clothing brands that may have been flying under your radar. We’ve explored the unique styles, high-quality materials, and commitment to sustainability that make these brands stand out in the sea of baby fashion. From the playful prints of Halcyon Nights to the timeless designs of Ziggy Lou, these brands offer something for every baby and every parent. So why not give them a try and support local businesses at the same time? And who knows, you may just discover your new favourite baby clothing brand. As always, I love to hear your thoughts and recommendations in the comments below. Happy shopping!